Available Positions in Union Square/Somerville
Front of House (FOH), Back of House (BOH) Staff
Field & Vines
Field & Vine, a new neighborhood restaurant in Union Square, Somerville is hiring. We make everything we can from scratch by hand. The menu rotates with the seasons. Our beers are local, the wine is natural and our approach to service is empathetic and warm. We’re currently looking for both FOH and BOH staff to round out the rest of our team.
If interested, please email resumés to email@example.com.
Union Square Donuts
Are you love donuts? Come and work for Union Square Donuts at their Somerville location! The following positions are currently available:
- Production Administrator
- Production Assistant
- Donut Slinger
City of Somerville
The CIty of Somerville are looking to fill a few positions across the City. Here are the following positions:
- Workforce Development Intern (Application Deadline: Tuesday, August 22)
- School Nurse -Per Diem (Application Deadline: Monday, January 1)
- Police Officers & Firefighters (until filled)
- Somerville Retirement Board (until filled)
- Lunch Attendants and Cafeteria Workers (until filled)
- Crossing Guards (until filled)
CAAS Photo Ambassador
Community Action Agency of Somerville (CAAS)
CAAS seeks a local photographer interested in learning about non-profit marketing and storytelling. CAAS is expanding its marketing capacity by building a library of usable photos to portray our mission and our work. The ambassador will be responsible for taking, editing, and submitting photos to CAAS that capture the people and places of Somerville. CAAS will have an exclusive license to use these photos. Other projects could include staff and board headshots. Compensation per photo based on experience.
Gracie's Ice Cream
Gracie's is looking for a few part-time scoopers to help round out the end-of-summer/fall staff. If you are interested, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scoop, serve, create new flavors, and become addicted to Fluff!
Assistant Manager & Counter Staff (Full-time/Part-time)
Juice Union is seeking counter servers, who are responsible, personable and attentive. Candidates must be able to multi-task in fast-paced environment and be able to work evenings and weekends.
Community Manager (Part-time)
Workbar is currently seeking part-time Space & Community Managers for their Somerville Workbar location. Hours and days are flexible and will be managed by the Senior Space and Community Manager, who you will report to.
This is an entry level role where you will wear a few different hats, learning about the different departments which must work together to have a successful business. At Workbar, these are Operations (managing the Space and the Community), Sales (signing up new members), and Marketing (generating local interest in Workbar).
Parts and Crafts
Parts and Crafts is a 501(c)3 nonprofit family makerspace and community workshop in Somerville, Massachusetts. The staff encourages kids to think, make, learn, and do through the exploration of the arts, science, computer programming, and engineering.
The following positions are available:
- Office Manager: Parts and Crafts is seeking a capable and well-organized administrator to help the organization keep afloat. This person will be responsible for supporting core functions across all Parts and Crafts programs, including administrative and billing infrastructure, bookkeeping, compliance with state and local regulations and human resources support. Part-time with potential to expand to full-time.
- Project Lead: STEM and STEAM Coordinator: Do you love tinkering, developing new projects, and interacting with MA Curriculum Standards? Parts and Crafts is excited to announce a full time position for individuals interested in developing STEM and STEAM workshops — camp, afterschool, CSCL, and open shop — and school partnerships for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Project Lead/Makerspace Educator: Free school meets a makerspace! Parts and Crafts is excited to announce a full time position for people looking to help grow the Center for Semiconducted Learning, the organization's year-round school alternative program.
Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine
Kirkland Tap & Trotter
Come work for Tony Maws! Kirkland Tap & Trotter is currently seeking a Sous Chef and Chef of Cuisine. If you're interested, email your resume to email@example.com.